woensdag 22 mei 2013

Review: Starfire Angels - Melanie Nilles

Title: Starfire Angels (Dark Angel Chronicles #1)
Author: Melanie Nilles
Published: August 4th 2009 by Prairie Star Publishing
Add It: Goodreads

Purchase: AmazonBarnes and Noble
Rating: 3,5 stars


Summary from goodreads: They've been coming here for thousands of years, using Earth as a sanctuary to escape threats from their own kind. Mankind knows them as angels, and one of them left a child upon her death to be raised as a human.


Raea is now a high school senior, and her life as a human is about to end. The crystal shard she bears is not a pretty pendant; it's a collective of powerful entities who chose her as their Keeper, a protector of one of the four shards that power a machine capable of destroying whole worlds. Those who desire the Starfire's power have sent an agent to find her, but she's too busy evading a nosy reporter ready to exploit her secret and dating a hot new foreign student to notice. Nevermind learning what she really is.

Only one person on Earth can help her, the last person she ever expected. But he's not from Earth. Life as a human would be so much easier.


What I think: This is one of my many acquisitions that I got for free from iBook’s. The description from Goodreads promised me an interesting context with a lot of potential. I found this one of the better e-books I've found for free on iBook’s. Sometimes it was all a bit predictable but beggars cannot be choosers, right? 

All in all I found it an entertaining story; the storyline was unique with some nice twists even though it was sometimes a bit easy to foretell the ending. 

Our main character Raea is a bit of a whine, if you don't like this in a book I recommend you don't start this one. Other than that I really liked her as a person, maybe she could do something about her self-confidence but I could tell that to myself as well. 

The love story is not the main part of the book, this definitely is Raea trying to fit in and find herself into this new world she knows nothing about. Can't say that I'm not curious about where this love story is gonna go, but we will see that hopefully in volume two. 


It was a pity that we did not read anything about the angel world in this book. I was so curious after they've talked about it throughout the book. But the writer definitely gave us a reason to read the second volume in this series. 

This is beyond any doubt one of the easiest reads I've had in weeks. It took me one evening to finish it, and this is all due to the easy writing style of Melanie Nilles; props on that. It's definitely worth a read and as I already said, I'm curious what's going to happen in the next book! 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Please let me know what you think, I love reading your comments!