woensdag 18 september 2013

ARC Review: Deceived - Julie Anne Lindsey

Title: Deceived
Author: Jullie Anne Lindsey
Published: September 18th 2013 by Merit Press
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon, Barnes & Noble


Summary from goodreads: When Elle's father, a single parent and a big shot in corporate insurance, moves her to yet another boarding school for senior year, Elle is disgusted when nothing changes. Her night terrors don't go away, and, soon, despite her father's caring calls and visits, Elle starts to believe she's losing her mind. She knows she's being followed; a ribbon is tied around her doorknob, and there are those cigarette butts that keep turning up on the doormat, in violation of a strict smoking ban on campus. Then there's Bryan, an intriguing boy Elle meets at a flea market and later finds out is a student at her school. Yet on campus, he pretends he doesn't recognize her - until the day he divulges just how much danger she's in. In her search for an answer to all the madness, Elle unravels the truth about her dad's real identity, why someone has lied to her all her life, and the terrifying truth that she may be the only one who can save her from the one who's following her now.

What I think: I really enjoyed Deceived, even though I'm usually not really into thriller/mystery books but I'm glad I was able to read it in the end. 
I was not really fond of the start of the book, it didn't really drag me in and I even had quite a few breaks because the story was just not there yet. When I finally found out what was going on the story got me hooked and I read it in one breath (so I'm really glad I kept on reading!). 
There is quite some mystery and they got me thinking about possible outcomes up till the end of the book. The main character Elle is a likeable girl. She isn't very special and doesn't have any abilities that make her more interesting, you could say that she is quite normal. I really liked the fact that the first part took place in a boarding school. For some weird reason I really like books that take place there. 

I really don't want to spoil the story by telling too much so I will stop here. I recommend this book to YA mystery/thriller fans.

I received an ARC of Deceived in an exchange for a fair and honest review.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Please let me know what you think, I love reading your comments!