zondag 19 mei 2013

Review: I Heart New York - Lindsey Kelk

Title: I Heart New York (I Heart #1)
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Published: June 25th 2009 by Harper Collins
Add It: Goodreads

Purchase: AmazonBarnes and Noble

Rating: 4,5 stars

Summary from goodreadsPerfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, get ready for the summer debut of the year... When you're running away from a broken heart, there's only one place to go... Adjusting tiaras at the foot of the aisle, Angela and her best friend prepare for the wedding of the year. But events don't go as planned. And when a girl is in possession of a crumpled bridesmaid dress - and can't go home - New York (for the very first time) seems like an excellent idea. Angela's new friend Jenny Lopez gives Angela a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps, and a makeover. Who hasn't dreamed of starting fresh with a sassy New York wardrobe, a new haircut and a trip to the make-up counter? Before she knows it, the new Angela is getting over her broken heart by having dinner with two different boys. And, best of all, she gets to write about it in her fabulous new blog. But it's one thing telling readers all about your romantic dilemmas. It's another trying to figure them out for yourself! Warm, funny and unputdownable, I Heart New York is an unforgettable debut.


What I think: I feel so sorry for Angela I wouldn’t know what to do if my jackass of a boyfriend would betray me like that. Because seriously on a wedding, and not just some wedding but the wedding of your best friends how does he dare to screw some bimbo in the back of your car. Really, how hard can it be to keep your stuff in your pants when you know your girlfriend is not more than 300 meters away. 

Taking her trip to New York is such a brave decision, maybe one without thinking and a bit blunt, but aren’t those decisions usually the best? Obviously this decision was a good one, before being in New York for more than 48 hours she has met several gorgeous mouthwatering men. This leads to our story line, a love triangle between her and two of those New York beauties. During all her happenings with those guys she also needs to make the decision on living in New York and staying with her new friends and lovers, or moving back to her family and friends in the UK.

Back to that triangle love affair I have to say that during the whole book I was team Alex, I know his history isn't al sweet and, well, normal but he seems so innocent and full of life compared to Tyler, who always has a plan and is overdressing half of the time. I get what she sees in him though he is just so comfortable with himself it seems easy to be with him. In the end of course one love has to be chosen, and this happens with a lot of drama and heartbreak but isn't this what makes a good love story?

Reading this book has been so much fun, half the time I sad there with an enormous smile on my face and the other half with a lump in my throat feeling sorry for what she has to go through. A true chick lit that you can't put away before finishing!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Please let me know what you think, I love reading your comments!